Exercise Participants are a cruicial piece of training and exercises. With participants help we are able to make more training and exercises more realistic by providing acting skills from individuals who come from all types of backgrounds and who have all types of experiences. Furthermore, participating with a large amount of participants also increases the realism of a situation - imagine trying to train for a MASS casualty incident with only five actors. 8-( With your help we ensure that responders are prepared as much as possible before an incident ever occurs. Doing so helps to make sure that when it comes time to respond to a real event your community will be getting the best treatment and response possible.
So why should you sign up?
1) You Care - You care about the citizens in your community and want to make sure that when the time comes they are attended to by the best possibly trained personnel.
2) Volunteer Hours - You may need a certain amount of volunteer hours for your school, your work, or something else. You can earn them here.
3) Free Food - Often times, not always, you are provided with snacks or a meal to help make your way through the day during exercises, allowing you to focus your energy on your skills and not your stomach!
4) It is Fun - Face it, even though you are an adult you still like to see first responders, pretty trucks, flashing lights, gorey makeup, and hanging out with other folks who share your same passion. What better way then to do so here?!
5) No Commitment - We know you are busy. When we send out a request for help if you can make it, awesome! If you cannot - no harm, no foul. Maybe next time.